Saturday, March 7, 2020

Haunted Miners Ravine Trail and Swan Lakes Castle

On this day Deanna Jaxine Stinson and our two psychic dogs Hannah and Story went with me to Granite Bay, CA. We stopped off at Swan Lakes Castle Club and took some pictures. We couldn’t get inside. The reason for us stopping off at Swan Lakes Castle is that Thomas Jacob of Reno, Nevada said he was visiting a friend at Granite Bay and stopped by the Swan Lakes Castle on October 12, 2019. Thomas claims he saw a man in a red jacket walking across one of the lawns. Thomas says that the man gave him a long hard look, which caused Thomas to stare at him back. As the man in the red jacket walked away, he actually vanished in front of Thomas’ eyes. He was just gone. Thomas says it had to be a ghost and wanted to know if I knew about any of the history of Swan Lakes Castle. I did not obtain any information about Swan Lakes Castle Club, but heard a rumor that Eddie Murphy who lives in Granite Bay has been there, along with some of the Sacramento Kings. As why there would be a ghost there, I don’t know. I tried to obtain some EVPs and captured nothing. If his castle was haunted, I would love to investigate this magnificent structure inside and out!

After the castle visit we went to Miners Ravine Trail for a hike with the dogs. At this location, a few miners perished while working their miner tasks. Jonah Sanders from Bakersfield says: “Paul, my wife and I hiked this trail and I saw the apparition of a miner touching a large rock. He looked like he was rubbing one section of the rock and bending down and then looked like he was blowing away something. When he vanished, I went over to where he was and noticed a small indentation in this big rock. During the hike, my wife heard what she thought was Indian chanting and some drumming. The strange thing is, I didn’t hear it, but she swears up and down she heard it.” Deanna, the dogs and I, hiked this trail and the only thing ghostly we saw were these leaves that you can see through. Deanna called them “ghost leaves”. Story got excited as he went into this one area of the trail and barked and became over active, like he saw something. If Jonah’s wife heard chanting and drumming, she may have heard the residual sounds of a Miwok tribe from long ago.

Miners Ravine Trail is probably haunted, but I really didn’t experience anything unusual while hiking this trail. I remember my brother Joseph Soyo hiked the Oregon Trail and Joe told me that he saw a strange shadowy figure spying on him from behind a tree. When Joe went over there to investigate, there was no one behind the tree. Joe says that the Oregon Trail is very haunted and I believe him, there is a lot of tragedy and history on the Oregon Trail.

Back in the 1860s, Charles Dawson said: ” I found at my feet, the skull of a human being. leaping up, I rushed out of the thicket almost completely unnerved at my ghastly find. My wife, who had witnessed my stumble and quick leap up, ran back towards me, inquiring with alarm, the cause of these unusual actions. Together we walked back, and I pointed to the eyeless bare skull that was apparently grinning at us from his moldy moss-covered retreat from which my foot had ruthlessly torn him but a moment before.

Proceeding into the thicket to investigate more fully, we found that underneath the leafy and molding foliages of the past seasons which had covered their bodies, were the bones of many other persons. In fact, our strawberry patch had been the burial-ground of the unknown dead. My wife and I, stilled by the presence of the dead, stood with bowed heads and silently offered up prayers to Him on high, who alone could give the solution of this mystery.

Glancing up, I met the gaze of my wife, and overturned my old hat was overturned as the corners of her apron were dropped and the berries spilled on the ground. For we both knew without further questioning, what had caused the berries to be so big and red.

Then, we made a thorough search thereabout for the bones of the unknown dead, faithfully gathering the bones as they lay, endeavoring to give each skull its own and a full complement of bones. Finally, we felt that this duty had been performed, and the result was twelve skeletons, which we judged were a party of emigrants of men, women, and children.

After considerable labor, a grave was dug, the bones placed within, and filled up with earth and stones covering the top to mark and protect the grave. Thoroughly tired by our toil, we wended our way homeward, conscious that we had fulfilled our duty to those poor unfortunate beings by giving them at least a burial. After supper we gathered on the doorstep in the twilight of the evening, feeling content and at peace, when there came an uncanny, weird moan or cry, like that of woman or child in the depth of anguish or despair. Listening in awe, I awaited the repetition of that mournful sound. Soon it came, now in the fringe of trees about the cabin, then in the waist-high corn. Swiftly recalling the incidents of the day, I tried to assure myself that it was not real, that this was but the result of a befuddled mind, just imagination; but the children were now questioning us as to the cry, and upon receiving non-committal answers, and perhaps reading our faces, they grew frightened and began to cry.”

As you can see Charles Dawson and his family experienced all kinds of paranormal activity on the Oregon trail. When you are surrounded by death, expect to be a witness to paranormal activity.

By Paul Dale Roberts aka The Demon Warrior
Halo Paranormal Investigations
www.cryptic916.com/
Sacramento Paranormal Help
www.facebook.com/HaloParanormalInvestigations/

No comments:

Post a Comment